This is a specific type of floor drain containing a dominant trough or channel shaped body, used for the rapid evacuation of surface water or for the containment of utility lines or chemical spills. A built-in slope of 0.7% allows optimal flow rates to be maintained system wide; neutral sections are also available.
Sheet Drains & Drain Boards
- Delta Drain is a highly effective drainboard that controls the flow of below grade water. Its high water-flow capacity ensures effective drainage for virtually any construction project. The drainboard enhances the effectiveness of waterproofing because it relieves hydrostatic pressure build-up against sub-terranean surfaces. Delta®-Drain can be used for drainage in hillside construction, residential and light commercial foundations, ICF-foundations, wall drainage over waterproofing applications, retaining walls, etc.
- Mel-Drain is a dimple-raised, molded polystyrene sheet bonded to high strength polypropylene fabric. This geocomposite allows the passage of moisture through the fabric while preventing fine soils from entering the drainage channel. Various drain designs are available, depending on soil pressure and flow specifications.
Strip / Highway Edge Drain
Used where a water collection system is needed or full area drainage coverage is not necessary or practical. It can replace traditional pipe and stone for drainage collection systems. Composed of a polymeric core surrounded by a non-woven fabric, this product features high flow capacities and reduced excavation needs. The lightweight strip drain costs less, drains better and is easy to install. Great for athletic fields, residential/commercial, foundation drains, highway edge drains, golf courses, etc.
SPECIAL ORDER. A composite turf drainage system consisting of a 3-dimensional, high flow, drainage core and a non-woven, needle-punched filter fabric. The filter fabric is wrapped and bonded to the drainage core, preventing intrusion of the filter fabric into the flow channels during the backfilling process. Soil particles are held back by the filter fabric allowing water to pass through to the drainage core allowing water to be collected and conveyed to the discharge point. Available in 12, 18, 24, & 36 inch widths. Roll lengths are 165 feet.
The NDS Pro Series is a lightweight channel drain system with interlocking joints, so connections are made quickly and easily. The modular design offers flexibility as each 20″ section of channel can be snapped together for longer runs or divided down to lengths as short as 4″ for smaller, interlocking sections. Lightweight parts connect easily to sewer and drainpipe and fittings or SCH 40 pipe and fittings, and side and bottom outlets can be connected anywhere along the channel run.
Polycast Presloped Trench Drain System
Designed for a variety of applications, both indoors and outdoors. Polycast® is made of polymer concrete, a high strength, chemical resistant, closed cell material. As a result, these drains offer a high degree of chemical resistance, have a water absorption value of less than one percent, and are more than four times stronger than ordinary Portland cement concrete. Rapid drainage, durability and resistance to freeze/thaw cycles make Polycast® ideal for outdoor applications.
Slotted Drain pipe is a practical, aesthetically pleasing inlet for the removal of surface water on streets and highways. It’s also widely used in parking lots to remove sheet flow without multiple grades or water channeling devices. Slotted Drain pipe is fabricated from Contech Corrugated Steel Pipe, which is cut along a longitudinal axis. A trapezoidal or straight-sided grate with reinforcing spacer plates is welded in place to form a 1 3/4”-wide slot opening which collects runoff and channels it to the pipe below.
• Improved drainage efficiency – Intercepts up to 50% more runoff than most standard 2’ x 2’ grate inlets
- Proven structure – thick grate and spacer plates – Structurally sound, resists deformation under heavy traffic loads and thermal expansion
- Extends only 2” from curb – Eliminates hazardous dips and ponding, and minimizes hazards to two-wheel vehicles
- Straight-sided grate – Resists clogging and retains effectiveness even when a localized blockage occurs in one area
- No hardware of heavy grate – Easy to maintain
- Simple design – Easy to install
Catch Basins & Grates
We offer a complete line of catch basins and grates for residential and commercial storm water management solutions. NDS catch basins have a sump area that collect debris and prevent clogging of the pipeline, and grates are available in a variety of colors to blend in with surrounding surfaces. Depending on the size of the round, square, or atrium grates, they may fit directly into a riser of pipe, sewer and drain fitting, or catch